Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Big milestones

Looking at the animals at the zoo
At the zoo

Lots of things happening at the Von Gunten household this week. First, Hannah rolled over from her back to her stomach and woke herself up in the process. She loves to lay on her side when she sleeps and sucks on her fingers and I imagine she got a little overzealous and flipped herself right over. It's amazing how fast these things start happening!! Second, Hannah moved to her own room to sleep at night. Very sad for me as it means a little of that infant stage is over but I think she is sleeping better not hearing us so that is a very welcome thing! Finally, Caroline got rid of her binkies for good (or so we hope). For those who don't know, binkies are pacifiers and Caroline religiously has them for bedtime and naptime. Well yesterday, she refused to take a nap so I told her that girls who don't take naps don't need binkies and that they would go in the trash if she wasn't going to nap. Well, much to my surprise, she agreed and we threw them in the trash. I was scared to death thinking, oh no, she is not going to sleep. Well we have had some struggles and are working through them so hopefully she will get over them soon. But when she lays down to go to sleep she says, "They're gone forever, the trash man came to pick them up." and it almost makes me want to cry but I guess she couldn't have them forever. My baby is growing up.


No comments: